POSITION: Registered Nurse (Part Time Regular)
SHIFT: Saturday & Sunday @ 7am – 7pm
LOCATION: Redgate Memorial Recovery Center – Long Beach, CA
DUTIES: The Registered Nurse (RN) works under the direction of the Director of Nursing to coordinate and mange nursing care. Provides technical guidance, and supervise staff in order to maintain health, safety and integrity of the patient.
- Supervises nursing assessment at intake to identify conditions and problems, initiate the problem list, and create the treatment plan.
- Ongoing assessment of patient needs and updating nursing care plan as needed.
- Rounds with the physician to assess patients, receive orders, and note specialized patient care requirements.
- Ensures that physician’s orders are transcribed and carried out.
- Acts as a liaison between physician and patient care team.
- Responsible for submitting reports i.e. Q.A. reports, infection control, pharmacy error reports.
- Make presentations and facilitate educational groups & sessions.
- Monitor and document withdrawal symptoms.
- Provides leadership for staff. Delegates responsibilities within scope of personnel abilities.
- Provides and coordinates clinical learning experiences.
- Assess staff knowledge and understanding of patient conditions and treatment.
- May be responsible for preparing monthly schedule to provide adequate nursing coverage.
- Guides, directs, and counsels staff members regarding patient care, problem solving, and decision-making.
- Teach and monitor patients and staff for compliance with COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Coordinate other healthcare needs of the patient outside the facility.
QUALIFICATIONS: Following are the qualifications required to perform the essential functions of this position. Qualifications may be subject to modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Current R.N. California license. Annual CPR Certification.
Must have valid California driver’s license and liability insurance if driving personal vehicle on BHS business. Vision, hearing, manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination must be adequate for performance of job duties. Able to sit at desk, use keyboard, write and physically perform other job duties. Able to move about the facility to observe clients and staff. Specific qualifications may vary based on assignment.
Recovering individuals must have a minimum two years clean, sober and abstinent to be considered for employment.
APPLICATIONS: Current BHS employees who are interested in this position may apply by submitting an "Employee Request for Transfer”. The request must be received no later than the closing date of this recruitment. Internal applicants will be accepted after that time only if other applications are still being accepted and considered.
Other applicants may email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX (310)679-4621, or apply in person at 15519 Crenshaw Blvd., Gardena, CA. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
BHS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BHS will consider applicants with criminal history as required.